12 Tips for Selling
There are many ways to increase the chances for high profits and a fast sale. These tips recommend the best ways to improve your home's curb appeal:
1. Repaint the front door and trim. Repaint the rest of the house, if needed.
2. Move all garbage cans, extra building materials, gardening supplies, and other obstacles that are in the yard into the garage or shed.
3. Check your gutters and roof for dry rot and leaks.
4. Edge and trim bushes and trees. Remove any dead shrubs and trees.
5. Weed and maintain all planted areas.
6. Clean the patio, porch, and decks of all small items, such as small planters, flower pots, charcoal, barbecues, toys, and more. Sweep all areas and walkways.
7. Check all screens and windows. Repair or replace as needed.
8. Test all fences, gates, and latches. Repair or replace any weakened areas.
9. Clean the swimming pool, Jacuzzi™, or hot tub.
10. Check external structures, patio cover, gazebo, and sheds. Repair, repaint, or clean them as needed.
11. Use driveway cleaner to remove oil stains from the driveway or garage floor.
12. Replace worn, badly stained, or personalized door mats.